Update: Car is sold
After 3 fun years of Evora ownership I am looking for a new owner to care for my 2013 Evora S IPS. I originally purchased the car in 2015 and it served as my daily driver for 2 years and ~15k miles. The car has always been serviced by either DietschWerks or TrackSpec who are the premier independent Lotus mechanics in the Bay Area.
I have written about the car before and can confirm my original assessment that it is a fantastic street car and serviceable on track. Luckily I have enough cars to choose from so this Evora has seen only 2 track days and has spent the rest of its life as a street car. I have also taken it on road trips including LA while it was snowing on the grapevine and Solvang for the 2017 West Coast Lotus Meet (where it won the autocross and the Funkhana). The Evora has this wonderful mix of Lotus handling with real power and daily use comfort that makes it perfect for people who want one car that can do everything. I am only selling now because I decided to get a completely impractical car (Gen 2 Dodge Viper) and need the garage space.
Mileage: 26,896 miles (will increase as we still drive the car)
Location: Daly City, CA
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info and to check out the car in person.
The car came loaded from the factory and had an original sticker of over $90,000:
- Premium Pack: Leather center console, Carbon effect leather trim on the seats, leather paneling below trim band, red contrast stiching and piping
- Tech Pack: Upgraded speakers and stereo system with 2 X50W amplifier and subwoofer with dedicated amplifier, DVD player, 7″ WVGA touch screen display, Navigation, Bluetooth mobile phone connection, USB connection cruise control, rear parking sensors
- Sport Pack: Switchable sports mode with sharper throttle response, Increased RPM limit and sportier setting for Dynamic Performance Management, Sports diffuser, Stainless steel sports tail pipe, Cross-drilled brake discs, Red painted brake calipers
Like any long time owner I have made some mods that make the car more fun and easier to live with:
- Forged 18/19 Lotus Sport Wheels: lighter than the original wheel with better ride comfort
- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires: Installed less than 1k miles ago with a full professional alignment. Great grip and superb tire life.
- Carbon Fiber A-Pillars: Permanently fixes the cracking problem on the original OEM pillar covers
- Black Pack: The roof, wing mirrors and the “side-sills” were professionally covered in black vinyl to replicate the black pack look. The new owner can obviously decide to remove it if they prefer.
- ExtendView Mirrors: Includes RLS curved mirrors that extend the viewing angle of the side mirrors
- GRP Wheel Stud/Lug Nut Kit
- Pre-wired for battery tender
- Carcraft Evora Sunshade
- EBC Yellow Stuff Brake Pads
The car has an clean CA title but originally had a “Rebuilt” Florida title when I bought it because of light front and rear damage. There was no frame/chassis damage and all repairs were professionally done by Wire Wheel. Wire Wheel has a great reputation in the Lotus community for selling well repaired cars and I can attest to the fact that the car has worked perfectly for me in the past 3 years. The only issues I have had was an intermittent electronics issue with the dash (dealer replaced in 2015) and an AC compressor failure (OEM replaced May 2018)
The car does have some light paint scratches and the front bumper does have several rock chips from daily use. The windshield also had a glass chip that was professionally repaired and a picture is available in the Flickr Album. These are all cosmetic issues and are reflected in the asking price for the car. The car is mechanically perfect and ready for the next owner to have a blast in a fun car for a very low cost of ownership. I am a long time multiple Lotus owner so feel free to contact me about questions about the car and how it may compare with other fun cars you might be considering.
Click through the Flickr Album below to see many more pics of the interior and the exterior.